Witnessing your child in pain is one of the hardest things you can experience as a parent. You might think it’s your job as a parent to fix all their problems, fight all their battles, or soothe all their heartaches, and it’s natural to want to rescue your kids from their suffering. But this week, I share a different perspective and show you why doing so is a problem.
It is not your job as a parent to solve or remove all of your child’s negative feelings. More importantly, do you even want to? While it can be difficult not to try and fix your child’s problems when they’re storming, simply holding space for them to feel their feelings can have enormous benefits for them as they progress into adulthood.
Join me this week as I show you why you are actually doing your kids a disservice when you try to fix their emotions and how to listen to your kids without the intention of fixing the situation. I offer some tools and ideas that will help you in leveling up your parenting and show you how to teach your kids that emotional pain is not something they need to run from, avoid or deny.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why trying to fix your kids’ negative feelings can actually make things worse for them.
- Some real-life stories to illustrate my point on this topic.
- What to do if you struggle to soothe your child during a storm.
- How leveling up by even 1% can make a huge difference in the connection and cooperation you have with your children.
- Why the goal isn’t to fix or change the circumstances when your child is storming.
- The importance of holding space for your child as they storm.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If this episode spoke to you, or you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram.