Do you ever feel trapped in the cycle of resorting to physical and verbal punishment when your kids’ behavior pushes you to your limit? Do you feel like you are at the end of your rope with no option to deal with your kids other than to yell? If this sounds familiar and you want to change it, I can help.
Our kids don’t do what we say; they do what we do, and how we show up when we experience big, negative emotions matters. If you are showing up angry, yelling, and out of control when facing negative emotions, you can bet your kids will behave in the same way when they experience them. So I want you to ask yourself, what are you teaching your child right now through your modeling, and what do you want to teach?
In this episode, learn how to break the generational parenting cycle and create connection with your kids instead of fear and compliance. Discover the importance of modeling behavior for your children, how the way you are currently teaching your kids could be leading to further dysregulation, and how to model the behaviors you want to see from your children.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The big picture the dominant parent needs to see before any change can happen.
- How I realized that I was teaching my son to be a reactive yeller.
- Why change is 100% possible for you.
- How to approach the conversation about modeling behavior with your co-parent.
- Why it is so difficult for a child to not do what is modeled for them.
- How to start modeling for your kids.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If this episode spoke to you, or you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram.
Full Episode Transcript: