I work with so many parents who have reached a point on their peaceful parenting journey where they can recognize the moments of frustration that are tripping them up and leaving them feeling stuck in anger and dysregulation, as they storm right alongside their kids.
There is a right time and a wrong time to parent your kids, and when you are stuck in dysregulation and anger, this is the wrong time. So this week, I’m showing you how to move away from thoughts that trigger you into reactiveness and instead move toward the thoughts that help you be responsive to your kids.
Join me this week as I share a 3-step process to help you move from reactive parenting to responsive parenting. Hear one of the best ways I know to work on your triggers and reactiveness to them, and how to manage your thoughts and change your behavior to become the responsive peaceful parent you know you can be.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why so many of us are led to believe that we need to have all the answers to our kids’ questions and why this is not true.
- How to use this 3-step process to move from reactive to responsive parenting.
- Why your feelings do not come from out of the blue and where they come from.
- One of the things that often triggers us as parents.
- What to do when your brain wants to storm alongside your kids.
- A simple concept to help you move from reactive to responsive parenting.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If this episode spoke to you, or you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram.
Full Episode Transcript: