Many of us consider our identity to be directly linked to what we do, the roles we play, or what we have done in the past. When the things that we do change, either by will or by circumstances out of our control, we often feel lost. We struggle to shed the old identity and create a new identity, and this leads to dysregulation, especially when dealing with our kids.
As a parent, the role you play at home has a completely different job description from the role you play at your corporate job. Different tools are required for different jobs, and it is so important that as parents, we take the time to consider this, and think about what needs to go into our parental job description.
In this episode, I show you how to write your parenting job description and three things that I believe you should prioritize on your list. Learn what new tools you can put in your toolbox to get closer to the parent you want to be and how this concept can completely change your life. Whatever transition you are struggling with right now, what I’m teaching you this week is sure to help.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What confirmation bias is and how it might show up for you.
- Some examples of how to write a job description for your parenting.
- Why sitting and writing our your parental job description can be so transformative.
- The importance of modeling for your kids.
- Your number one responsibility as a successful parent.
- The reason change can feel so scary.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- If this episode spoke to you, or you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us or message us on Instagram.
- Ep #68: A Different Way to Look at Unconditional Love
Full Episode Transcript: