I’ve been having conversations with my clients lately about the unrealistic expectations we place on ourselves as parents. It’s like when we expect ourselves to be the very best at every single subject in school, or every single sport out there. It’s impossible, right? But some of us are still running ourselves ragged trying to excel in every aspect of parenting.
Who are we trying to prove our perfection to? Ourselves, our partners, our children, the other parents at school pickup, Instagram? Not only is perfection not possible, but striving for it comes with some real costs.
This week, I invite you to drop the unrealistic parenting expectations that are robbing the joy of parenting from you, and to stop modeling striving for perfection to your kids. To help you do this, I share three ways to SUCK as a parent. This isn’t about being a bad parent, but relieving some of the pressure you’re under. Discover a new way of thinking about your role as a parent by acknowledging your weaknesses and learn why perfectionism keeps you from showing up as your best self.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why we place unrealistic expectations on parenting.
- What perfection causes you to miss.
- Why it’s okay to fail.
- How to choose your priorities as a parent.
- The importance of asking for help.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- How is the anger challenge going for you? We would love to know email us or message us on Instagram.
Full Episode Transcript: