Are you worried about your child finding success? Let me stop you right there. Raising kids to be good, perfect, or successful will not set them up for a healthy, independent life. This week, I talk about “successful kids” with one of my favorite leaders in the parenting landscape: Kiva Schuler.
Kiva is the founder and CEO of the Jai Institute for Parenting. She is the author of The Peaceful Parenting (R)evolution and a thought leader within the parent coaching community. This week, Kiva and I dig into connecting with your child rather than perfecting them.
Discover how to reframe your thoughts about success and what it means to encourage your children to be their best selves, prepared for whatever success they choose. Learn why parenting for the ‘real world’ takes a different mode of thinking beyond the conventional educational system.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What connection is for.
- Why we need to allow space for weakness in our children.
- How to find your own language of success.
- The difference between values and outcomes.
- How to encourage your children to fly.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- How is the anger challenge going for you? We would love to know email us or message us on Instagram.
- Kiva Schuler: Instagram
- The Jai Institute for Parenting: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Book
- Blog post: Why Not Yelling at Our Kids Matters. Like a Lot. (A Real-life Story)
- Ep #107: The Peaceful Parenting Revolution with Kiva Schuler from the Jai Institute for Parenting
- Drive: The Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
Full Episode Transcript: