Have you ever tried to break down your limits with your child during one of their storms? Yes? Well, let me stop you right there. Is during a storm really the best time to connect? Do you need to connect in that way? This week, I make space for all the different ways we can hold the limit and how that may look in different circumstances.
Holding the limit can feel like the hardest thing to do, but remember you are the leader. Our children are immature and because of this, they respond accordingly, with immature, rash actions. But you are responsible for helping your child understand consequences and build confidence.
This week, discover methods for holding the limit and learn why doing so is so important. Learn to support your children in their growth, how to help them mature both physically and emotionally, and why bailing out your child during a storm will have a bigger fallout later.
If you want to take the next step to become a better parent, come and check out The Hive. It’s a one-of-a-kind community that serves parents who want ongoing support with their peaceful parenting journey and gives you everything you need to move along the path to peaceful parenting. Ready to become the parent you’ve always wanted to be? Click here to join The Hive now, I cannot wait to welcome you to the community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What to expect when enforcing a limit.
- The highest compliment to receive as a parent.
- How to cultivate connection with your child during a storm.
- How to respond when your child tests you.
- Why your child’s behavior seems immature, and what you can do about it.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to sign up for my free Peaceful Parenting mini-course! You’ll find everything you need to continue on the path to peaceful parenting over there just waiting for you.
- Send us an email or message us on Instagram!
- Click here to join The Hive!
- Ep #31: Setting Limits: Stop Punishing and Start Guiding Part 1
- Ep #32: Setting Limits: Stop Punishing and Start Guiding Part 2
Full Episode Transcript: